Skip to Content
chevron-left chevron-right chevron-up chevron-right chevron-left arrow-back star phone quote checkbox-checked search wrench info shield play connection mobile coin-dollar spoon-knife ticket pushpin location gift fire feed bubbles home heart calendar price-tag credit-card clock envelop facebook instagram twitter youtube pinterest yelp google reddit linkedin envelope bbb pinterest homeadvisor angies

Sodium Hypochlorite (bleach), for many years was recommended by many emergency responders and government agencies and even the media to kill germs and bacteria. Sadly, people are still misinformed thus causing much future anguish to so many.

First: Bleach does kill germs when properly applied to surfaces. However, as the product dries it leaves a salt residue. As most people know, salt naturally attracts water and humidity making it an excellent breeding ground for future bacteria and mold.

A better choice would be to use a professional anti-microbial disinfectant.

If you have already used bleach it may be a good idea to re-wash and flush all bleach residues from stud framing, walls and floors. Then, disinfect the surfaces with a professional anti-microbial disinfectant. Then re-dry all surfaces.